Almond Mini cakes with Orange Glaze
For the mini cake dough:
- 110gm powdered sugar sifted
- 15gm flour
- 125gm lightly toasted ground almonds
- 80gm butter (melted and cooled)
- 2-2 1/2 eggs (125gm) eggs
- 50-80gm dried papaya cut in small pieces
For the Orange glaze:
- 35gm orange juice
- 90gm powdered sugar (sifted)
1) Preheat oven to 160-170C. Prepare mini cake moulds by greasing with butter and dusting with some flour (you can use regular cup cake mould if you like).
2) To make the mini cakes: in a bowl of an electric mixer combine ground almonds, powdered sugar and flour. Mix just until combined.
3) Add the eggs and mix until homogenised.
4) Next add melted butter and mix until the batter is smooth. Stir in the papaya cubes.
5) Divide the batter between prepared moulds. Bake for 22-30 minutes, until slightly golden in colour, fragrant and a wooden toothpick inserted in the centre comes out batter-free.
6) Let cakes cool completely in the moulds before removing.
7) To make the Orange Glaze: simply combine powdered sugar and fresh orange juice in a bowl and mix with a fork or a spoon (you can add few drops of food colouring if you like)
8) To serve: pour the glaze over the mini cakes and decorate with sprinkles of your choice.