- 3 eggs
- 250gm sugar
- 275gm flour (sifted)
- 12gm ground anise
1) Prepare two cookie sheets and line them with baking parchment.
2) With an electric mixer whisk eggs sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes. Then increase speed to medium-high and beat for 2 minutes more. Then beat on high speed for 10 more minutes.
3) Add flour and powdered anise and mix on low speed for a minute or two.
4) Transfer batter to a pastry bag fitted with a 1cm round tip.
5) Pipe batter into a 4cm rounds, then swirl tip off to one side. Repeat, spacing rounds 1cm apart. Allow the cookies to dry for 4-6 hours (the tops
should be dry when touched).
6) Bake until risen for about 13-17 minutes in the oven preheated to 160-170C. Allow to cool before serving.