For the base:
- 200gm plain biscuit crumbs
- 75gm pecan nuts (lightly toasted and ground)
- 100gm butter (melted)
For the filling:
- 1 can of cooked condensed milk (caramel)
- 3 bananas (cut in thick slices)
For the topping:
- 1 1/2 - 2 cup double cream (whipped)
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 70gm pecan nuts lightly toasted chopped (optional)
- 40gm chewy caramels (cut in small pieces) (optional)
- 40gm dark chocolate chopped (optional)
1) To make the crust: prepare a 25cm spring form (or a tart tin) and line it with a baking paper. Place the crushed biscuits and pecans into a bowl. Add the melted butter and mix well.
2) Transfer the mixture to a spring form and press in to pack the mixture evenly into the base and the sides.
3) To make the filling: give a good mix to the cooked condensed milk to make it easier to spread. Then carefully spread the mixture over the biscuit base.
4) Arrange chopped bananas over the caramel layer. Or even press them down lightly.
5) Transfer to the fridge to cool for 30 minutes.
6) To make the whipped cream: in a large bowl combine whipping cream and instant coffee granules. Whip the cream till semi hard peaks form. Scoop into a piping bag fitted with a large closed star tip.
7) Remove the base from the fridge and pipe the whipped cream evenly over the top of the pie.
8) To decorate: Scatter pecan nuts and pieces of chewy caramel over the whipping cream. Grate some dark chocolate over the top, or simply use a chocolate sauce to drizzle over.