Bread with Nutella
For the dough:
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 egg
- 100gm butter, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cup lukewarm milk
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 32 teaspoons of Nutella
For the Egg Wash:
- 1 egg yolk or whole egg
1) To make the filling: spoon Nutella onto a parchment paper or a plate covered in cling film. Place into the freezer and let it chill there until the dough is ready.
2) To make the dough: sift the flour and put it into a bowl of an eclectic mixer fitted with hook attachment. Add sugar and yeast, mix to incorporated.
3) Add milk, egg, softened butter and and start mixing. Once the dough start to come together add the salt and keep on mixing for another 10 minutes. Once you reach an elastic dough that does not stick to your hands (add flour or water if needed) transfer to a large bowl to proof until doubled in volume in an oiled large mixing bowl.
4) Knock down the dough and divide into 32 equal pieces. Take a pieces of dough into your hand, shape into a ball. Take out frozen Nutella pieces and press a piece into the dough. Enclose the Nutella in the dough. Roll between you hands to shape in to a ball.
5) Place Nutella stuffed balls into a loaf mold side by side, in two rows.Brush the top with the egg wash. Cover with a kitchen towel and set to proof for another 30-40 minutes.
6) Bake in a 200 C degrees pre-heated oven until the top is golden and shiny.