Busy Bees Honey Cupcakes with Honey Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Honey Cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose or cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Rayeb milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Honey Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 250gm full-fat cream cheese (Kiri squares NOT spread)
- 1/4 cup (60gm) butter at room temperature
- 2 cups (240gm) powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons cream or milk
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
For the decoration:
- 12 Royal Icing bees
- 1 teaspoon round white sprinkles
- 1 teaspoon golden vermicelli sprinkles
1) Preheat the oven to 170-180° C. Line a cupcake tray with paper cases.
2) In medium bowl mix together dry ingredients: sifted flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
3) In small bowl mix together wet ingredients: Rayeb milk, honey and vanilla and set aside.
4) In bowl of an electric mixer beat butter and sugar until creamy.
5) Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
6) Gradually add dry and wet ingredients, alternating starting and ending with dry ingredients and mix until combined.
7) Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full (I always use a piping bag).
8) Bake for 20-24 minutes, until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean.
9) Let cupcakes cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
10) To make the cream cheese frosting: beat butter and cream cheese until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar and continue mixing scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Mix in honey, vanilla sugar and cocoa powder.
11) Place the icing in a piping bag fitted with a round decorating tip and swirl the frosting on top of the cooled cupcake, going in a circular motion. Top with yellow and white sprinkles and royal icing bees.