For the crust dough:
- 115gm butter (diced and chilled)
- 1 1/4 (150gm) cups flour
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons cold milk
For the filling:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 60gm butter at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (125gm) cup flour
- 1 cup candy (M&Ms, M&Ms with peanuts, Maltesers
caramel filled chocolates etc)
1) Preheat the oven to 180C. Prepare a tart tin and line it with a parchment paper.
2) Combine flour and salt in food processor. Pulse once to mix (or whisk in a large bowl if you are not using a food processor)
3) Add butter and process until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add 2 tablespoons of ice cold water or milk and pulse, a few times. The dough will start to form a ball. If the mixture is too dry, you can add another tablespoon of water or milk.
4) Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Press the dough ball into a disk and roll to about 5mm thickness. Be sure to flip and rotate your dough as you go so it does not stick to your surface. Roll out the dough to a few centimeters larger than your tart plate. Place in tart tin and press to fit. Use the rolling pin to trim the edges. Chill until ready to fill.
5) Cream brown sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer.
6) Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add baking powder, salt, and flour and mix until well combined. Finally add your candy bars to the bowl and mix slow speed until just incorporated.
7) Press the dough into prepared pan. Press some remaining candy on the top for decoration.
8) Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the crust is browned and the top of the pie is golden. It may still be a little jiggly in the center. Cool completely before cutting.