Choco-hazelnut cookie with Nutella Cream
For the cookie dough:
- 80gm butter (at room temperature)
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 1/4 cup (55gm) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 (50gm) cup hazelnut meal
- 3/4 (110gm) cup flour
- 1/4 (25gm) cup cocoa powder
- extra cocoa powder for dusting
- pinch of salt
For the Nutella cream:
- 100gm dark chocolate melted
- 50gm butter
- 1/3 cup Nutella
1) In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment whip together the butter, sugar, vanilla sugar and salt on high speed until smooth (about 3min).
2) Add egg and mix to homogenize.
3) Add hazelnut meal. Sift over the flour and cocoa powder. Mix until just combined.
4) Wrap in a cling film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
5) Bring out of the fridge and allow to sit on the counter for 4-5 minutes. Roll the dough between two baking sheets to a thickness of 3 mm. Use a 4cm cookie cutter to shape the cookies.
6) Place onto silicone mat and bake in the preheated to 180C oven for 7-9min.
7) Melt the chocolate and cool slightly. Combine butter, chocolate and Nutella in a bowl of an electric mixer and beat until thick and glossy.
8) Place the cream into a piping bag and pipe a little bit of ream on one cookie. Then cover the cream with the second cookie.