Chocolate Cake Pops
- 1 chocolate cake
- 450gm American buttercream or chocolate ganache
- 200gm white compound chocolate
- oil based food colouring (optional)
- candy sprinkles
1) Crumble entire cake in food processor, in batches if necessary, and empty into a large mixing bowl.
2) Mix in American buttercream until a dough forms (tends to be easiest by hand).
3) Scoop and form into one walnut sized balls, easiest if using a small cookie scooper.
4) Melt the compound chocolate.
5) For each cake pop, first dip the very end of a lollipop stick into the melted candy coating and insert about half way into cake ball. Chill uncoated cake pops for at least 1 hour.
6) Re-melt the chocolate, and coat the cake pops one by one, dipping one side and turning to coat completely.
7) After coated, stand the cake pop up in the styrofoam block and decorate with sprinkles before coating is set.
8) You can also decorate with drizzled chocolate or candy melts, in whatever color you choose.