Corn Spicy crackers (Gluten Free)
- 85gm oat flour
- 50gm fine yellow corn meal OR sorghum flour
- 50gm rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 75gm very cold butter cut in pieces
- 5-7 tablespoons very cold ice water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pinches red chili flakes or cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Few pinches of dried rosemary, thyme and oregano (fresh will be even better)
1) Add in all the dry ingredients and spices in a bowl and mix together.
2) Add the cold butter and mix until the butter will resemble crumbs.
3) Start adding water, you might need from 5 to 7 tablespoons. You may need less water if the flour is fine.
4) Flatten the dough into a disk, wrap it in a cling film and keep it in a fridge for at least 1 hour.
5) Preheat the oven to 200°C and line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
6) After the dough is well rested, roll out into a 3mm thick circle. Using a cookie cutter, cut the rolled up sheet. Prick the each piece with a fork. Carefully place all the crackers on to a lined baking sheet.
7) Bake for about 20 minutes until just starting to change the color.