For the dough:
- 400gm flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water (may be a bit more)
- 2-4 tablespoons oil
- pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 500gm Roomy cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 50-80gm melted butter
1) In a bowl of an electric mixer fit with the paddle attachment, add the flour, salt and eggs, oil and mix over low speed until homogeneous. Add the water, and mix for another few minutes. Form a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and let rest for at least 20 minutes.
2) Divide the dough into 8 pieces. Two of each shape into a larger ball. Roll each piece as thin as possible.
3) Grease a round baking tray with some melted butter butter. Cover the baking tray with largest piece of rolled dough. Brush well with some melted butter to prevent drying. Scatter some cheese over and add few dollops of sour cream.
4) Prepare two large pans: one with boiling lightly salted water and the other one with very cold water.
5) Cook one dough sheet in salted boiling water for 1 minute then transfer to cold water, then arrange into the dish to form 1 layer. Brush with melted butter. Scatter some cheese over and add few dollops of sour cream.
6) Repeat the process for the rest of the dough sheets.
7) Place the last piece of the dough over the cheese filling and brush with melted butter. Fold lose edges of the uncooked dough piece onto it and brush once again with butter. Cut the dish into slices (it will ensure easier cutting after)
8) Bake the dish in a preheated to 190C oven for 30 minutes, then finish under the broiler until brown, for 1 or 2 minutes.
9) Allow to cool for a couple minutes before serving.