Pate De Fruit
- 500g (2 cups) seedless strawberry puree
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 15g pectin
- 125g glucose or corn syrup
- 450g sugar
- 10ml lemon juice.
1) Mix well together 1/4 cup of sugar with the pectin. In a large saucepan, heat puree to 50-60ºC and whisk in the pectin mixture.
2) Bring to boil and add glucose. Whisk in remaining sugar in 2 additionss. Bring to boil, reduce the heat to low and cook to 107ºC. Caution: keep flame on low when cooking pate de fruits. It takes quite awhile maybe up to 45 minutes of stirring. Use a long whisk or spatula to avoid splashes of hot liquid but if the flame is on low it should not cause any problem.
3) Once at 107ºC, remove saucepan from the heat and whisk in the lemon juice.
4) Immediate, fill up silicones molds using a confectionery dispenser funnel.
5) Let the pâte de fruit set 6 hours at room temp, uncovered, until it is completely set throughout.
6) Leave pate de fruits in their silicone molds until ready to be served. Then, coat them with granulated sugar.