Savoury Loaf Cake With Spinach and Red Pepper
- 3 eggs
- 200gm cup natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 red pepper cut in small cubes
- 400gm frozen spinach
- 1 cup crumbled Istambuli or Feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cup flour
- 1-2 tablespoon Nigella seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons oil (for frying)
1) Drain the liquid from the frozen spinach. Heat the frying pan, pour the oil and heat it well before adding the spinach. Add the spinach and fry for 3-4 minutes to reduce the liquid. Set aside to cool.
2) In a bowl of an electric mixer lightly beat the eggs.
3) Add the yoghurt, oil and salt. milk, vegetable oil and salt and keep beating, for a few minutes.
4) Add sifted flour, baking powder and salt and mix until homogenised.
5) Add spinach, red pepper and Istanbuli (Feta) cheese and mix – just to distribute the ingredients evenly.
6) Grease a loaf cake tin and pour the batter into it. Sprinkle some Nigella seeds and bake in a preheated to 180 C degrees oven for 40-50 minutes.