Raisins Bread with cinnamon sugar
For the dough:
- 7gm instant yeast
- 240ml warm milk
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 85gm honey
- 340gm flour
- 30gm butter
- 170gm raisins
- egg wash
- Cinnamon sugar
For the cinnamon sugar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1) Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk, stir in the honey.
2) Mix with the sifted flour and butter.
3) Knead using a dough hook for 8-10 minutes to make smooth, soft dough. Adjust the consistency by adding more flour if necessary.
4) Place the dough covered in a warm place and let to rise until it has doubled in volume.
5) Soak the raisins in warm water for 10-15 minute. Rinse well and leave to dry on a kitchen towel.
6) Turn the dough out onto the workbench. Do not punch it down. Incorporate raisins by hand, cover and allow to rest for 10 more minutes.
7) Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Pound and roll each one into 20-25cm string.
8) Twist two strings together loosely and place in greased tin. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
9) Let loafs rise until doubles in volume.
10) Bake at 190C for about 40 minutes.