Wholegrain bread with Molasses
- 1 ¾-2 cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1/4 cup molasses
- ¼ cup oil or olive oil
- 3 – 3 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cups bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1) In a heatproof jug combine hot water and dark honey, allow to cool a little bit. Pour into the bowl of the mixer. Add in whole wheat flour, bread flour, yeast, oil, salt and cinnamon and mix.
2) Add in sunflower, chia and sesame and flaxseeds and gently mix into the dough. Knead the dough for 10-15 minutes. Form dough into a ball and place in a large, oil greased bowl, turning the dough over to coat with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and a towel and allow the dough to rise for a little over an hour, or until doubled in size.
3) Lightly butter or oil a loaf pan. After dough has risen, knead it just a few more times (about 1 min) then shape dough into a loaf and place in prepared pan, tucking the ends in. Cover the loaf with plastic wrap and a towel and allow it to rise again for another hour, or until the loaf has risen to the brim of the pan.
4) Once dough has risen again, preheat oven to 190-200 degrees C. Beat egg in small bowl and brush over the top of the dough. Sprinkle a few more flax, chia and sunflower seeds on top of the dough. You can also add sesame seeds. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until loaf is golden brown on top and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom of the pan.
5) Transfer pan to wire rack to cool for 10 minutes, then remove bread from pan and place on wire rack to finish cooling for at least 2 hours. Do not cut the bread before it is completely cooled. Bread should be wrapped tightly and store at room temperature.